Sunday 8 May 2016

Principles In Ecology

It has been a long time we don’t meet Dr. Wan formally. Finally today, we get to meet Dr. Wan again…yeay...what a blast! We learn about Principles in Ecology and what is so special about it is, my friends are going to teach me! We are distributed into groups and need to find some extra information about particular topics. I am teaching my friend about the hierarchy of ecology. Basically, there are five level of organizations which are; species (organism), populations, communities, ecosystem and biosphere. Meanwhile, factors that determine the biosphere’s distribution are temperature, water, sunlight, wind, periodic disturbances, rock and soil. I also get extra information from my friends such as, amensalism is a type of negative interaction which symbiont A is not benefitted while symbiont B is neutral. For instance, the release of antibiotic. In addition, we also learn about ecosystem management where we consider the measures to improve and conserve our ecosystem. It is really important to take care of our ecosystem since it is very sick. If we do not take serious about this issue, then should we inherit a deteriorate Earth for the future generation? Somehow, I am grateful to learn this topic as I could see diversity and how dependence we are to each other in this ecosystem. All praise to Allah.

p/s: Test 2 for Microbiology is coming soon on 11/5. Hope can ace this time. 

With love,
Izzah

No comments:

Post a Comment