Thursday 22 October 2015

Week 7 - My Journal Preparation And Experiences

This is my seventh entry, which means the last entry. So, what I am going to share on today’s entry is about my journal preparation and experiences. Truthfully, at first I am assigned to do a reflective journal on blogger, I am super duper excited. Maybe because I am used to be a blogger and I have longed for to write entries. Moreover, this is an educational blog. Thus, I am really hoping that this blog will give knowledge, contribute something useful and even can attract people from all walks of life to read it. For my preparation, since this is a weekly task, thus, I make a short note about every topic that I learn at the end of the class so that I am not out of track. Usually when I do not understand about particular things, I will refer the educational sites on the internet and find videos that can help me for further understanding. For example, I see videos to understand more about the cell theory and plant reproduction. I can find simulations, animations and playing games which is the most exciting part. Basically, I just love Biology. All the topics are the apple of my eyes. Everytime I want to start an entry, I will first refer to my short note to get the idea on what I have learnt. Then, I will go through the lecture notes to understand better. While making the reflective journals, I gather some experiences. For example, I learn on how to tell others in a simpler way about particular topics. I think this is one of the ways for effective learning. If I can tell others through my writing, I remember more what I am learning. Besides, I love learning by using concept maps. I guess I will use concept maps in other subjects too  Other than that, I can see my progress in study clearly and know which part that I weak in, and try to do something to catch up. So overall, writing reflective journals really help me in my study.

No comments:

Post a Comment