Sunday 13 March 2016

Topic 2 - Microscopy

Bismillahirrahmannirrahim

Assalamualaikum

Today, I am going to share about my experience on learning about microscopy. So, Malik’s group has prepared us with a very illogical yet interesting and creative story about microscope. And the illogical part is, microbe has taken over the world and become Ironman. See? Like what I have wrote in my last entry about microbe taking over the throne. 

We have learnt about the microscope parts and different kind of microscope such as optical and electron microscope.  Thus, I have made a mind map to make me easier to understand about the differences of those microscopes. (Click on this link: My Microscopy Mind Map)
Bright field image
Dark field image


Phase contrast image
At the end of this lesson, we answer a quiz in group. I found that this topic is important because we will use and apply the microscopy techniques that have been learnt in our practical soon. The most exhilarating moment for me is, I can’t wait to go to Bioscience Institute to see with my own eyes the real various kind of microscopes, handle them and visualize the tiny cutie microbes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment